Marriott has announced an update of their mobile app for iOS in five languages, the Android version is coming soon.
New features include:
- Simple, one button navigation
- A new swipeable discovery home screen
- Request room upgrades and receive notification it has been fulfilled before arrival
- Request a late check-out in the app rather than at front desk (guaranteed for Gold and Platinum Elite Members)
- Use the app to chat directly with hotel staff before, during and after your stay for special requests
- Expansion Mobile Key – will be available at more than 500 hotels globally this year
- Curated, original content from Marriott’s digital magazine
Later this year, Marriott will launch real-time app messaging called mPlaces with travel and hotel information, recognition and offers for Marriott Rewards members throughout their stays. Over time, Marriott will add more personalized and informative content based on data and driven by beacons now installed at over 500 hotels. For example, members who typically workout while they travel would receive information about the location, hours and services of the hotel fitness facility. Other future app features will enable members to order restaurant and room service menu items delivered wherever they are, such as lounging by the pool.
Are you excited about Marriott’s enhanced mobile app?