Pendry Hotels has announced the grand opening of its first hotel in San Diego’s downtown Gaslamp Quarter. Pendry is a new luxury brand from Montage International. The new hotel is located at 550 J Street, San Diego, near Petco Park and the San Diego Convention Center.
Pendry San Diego features 317 guest rooms, three restaurants, three bars, meeting spaces, a spa, and a Tom Adler curated pop-up art gallery highlighting Ron Churchsurf photography.
Rooms include custom furnishings with a beach and surf theme, many with views of the city skyline and harbor, the surrounding Gaslamp District, or direct access to the hotel’s pool area.
The hotel also includes the following amenities:
- Provisional Kitchen, Café & Mercantile – a restaurant and marketplace featuring seasonal fare and gourmet takeaway offerings from Executive Chef Chris Osbourne.
- Nason’s Beer Hall – a California coastal establishment featuring local and international beers, global comfort food, and vintage bar games.
- Fifth & Rose – a sophisticated and chic gathering place with elevated bar fare.
- Lionfish – a dinner-only restaurant featuring modern coastal cuisine highlighting fresh-catch and prime meats from Executive Chef Jose “JoJo” Ruiz.
- Oxford Social Club – the hotel’s nightlife centerpiece, welcoming guests and locals to enjoy a late-night experience every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, focused on design, music, service and an extensive, curated cocktail program.
- The Pool House – the hotel’s rooftop lounge in partnership with Clique Hospitality, embodying the true essence of the southern California lifestyle with its light, contemporary open-air design and indoor/outdoor aesthetic.